Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting Ready


The Tennessee River is 652 miles long. The river starts in Knoxville, TN, flows through Alabama, along the state line of Mississippi, up through Tennessee again and terminates into the Ohio River in Paducah, Kentucky. There are many state parks and private campgrounds and marinas along the way, but there are also many long stretches of wilderness river with few or no portage opportunities. My plans are to live on the river full time, day and night if I need to.

To accomplish that, I have a Cot Tent that I can lay down flat on my canoe during the day and deploy up into a tent during the night. OK...OK...I know what you are thinking...won't that make the canoe top heavy and this guy will roll the canoe over! Ordinarily yes, but I will be using retractable stabilizers to prevent the canoe from rolling.


The stabilizers built by Kay-Noe will be retracted up during the day for traveling and deployed down during the night for sleeping in the Cot Tent. Check back here often as I plan and prepare for my journey. I will be launching my trip on September 6.

1 comment:

  1. LOve it!I am just getting back out on the Savannah River with plans to make similar trips. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete