Friday, September 2, 2011

Weather Outlook For Launch Day

Well, it's not looking very encouraging is it. There are two major storms headed right into the path of the Tennessee River and my canoe travel plans. One weather service predicts that eastern Tennessee could receive 12 to 24 inches of rain from Tropical Storm Lee. What do you think that would do to the Tennessee River. If I started my trip just after the storm blew through, I wouldn't have to paddle at all. All I would have to do is steer.

If that is not enough rain and wind for you, then here comes Hurricane Katia. Who knows what will happen to the river by the time this storm blows by. At that point I may be able to canoe directly from Knoxville at the river head, west to the river terminal end in Paducah, Kentucky. That would be only 270 miles instead of 652 miles. Hummm. Not a bad idea. That could be some kind of record or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment