Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Current Conditions for Launch

Today is my planned launch day but I am going to delay it a day or two. Yesterday, Chattanooga experienced it's all-time record rainfall of 9.85 inches. Knoxville (my starting point) had less than 6 inches for the same time period but the difference is that Knoxville is in the mountains and they are experiencing more flash flooding than Chattanooga. Plus it is still raining hard in both cities. I am packed and ready to go. I will continue to monitor the weather and will launch the first reasonable day.

The day following an all-time record rainfall, I am surprised that there is not more water coming through the Chickamauga Dam in Chattanooga. Looks pretty good.

This is the river today about 10 miles below the dam. It is definately full and flowing fast and I'm ready to get on it.

I'm waiting for the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee to move on out. If it is still storming in Chattanooga, it is probably still storming in Knoxville.

Later...I just compiled enough information to decide that I am launching Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment