Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Finally Launched Today

Tropical Storm Lee finally inched it's way farther north and out of Tennessee. The storm cost me a couple of days so it feels especially good to be on the river again.

This canoe is wonderful. Even though it is a freighter with all of the gear and supplies I have in it, it runs straight and true, glides with ease and is very stable. I made a good choice.

I got a late start today. The launch location I planned to use wasn't available so I had to find another location. I didn't get on the water until four o'clock. I paddled through downtown Knoxville and found a cove to overnight. I have my outriggers deployed, my tent is up on the canoe, I am well fed and resting on my air mattress. Life is good.

Tomorrow morning I will get up when I wake up and hit the river again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    We are the two cyclists you saw near Island Home Airport, and we just wanted to let you know we checked in. The site looks awesome, and good luck!

    Glad you found the stadium. :]

    -Kayla & Justin

    ReplyDelete