Sunday, September 11, 2011

Big Houses Everywhere

All along the river since I started, I have been seeing these huge beautiful houses on the water. They are all beautiful and distinctive in their own way, but they share one commonality. After passing by hundreds of these houses I have observed that there are no people to be seen inside or out. Not one.

You would think I might spot someone inside an open window, working in the yard, sitting on the porch waving at the little canoe going by. Nope. No people.

I think these people have built these houses as a monument to themselves but don't really live there. I don't know where they live but it's not here.

I built a large home once. I don't want that much space anymore. It's too much stuff to buy and manage. I would be happy living in the top level of the tower in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment