Sunday, September 11, 2011

I performed better today!

Friday I performed terribly. I averaged only 0.7 mph. Today I did a lot better. A new friend, Fred Wicks, called me to suggest that I remove the outriggers to give me a longer range on my paddle strokes. He was right. I paddled so fast today that I think I contributed to the erosion of the river banks.

Fred is the owner of Kay-Noe, a small canoe accessory manufacturing company. http://kay-noe.com Fred made my outriggers. Thanks Fred.

The mph in my stats are real only because the river was so busy and I had to stop and position my canoe to ride out big waves. My speed is really much better than this stat. I think if I could stick with it, I could do 3 mph. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

When I arrived at this park, I was so tired, I just crashed. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I didn't have the horse power to paddle on.

I'm so tired, I feel now like I did after climbing Mt. Dana in Yosemite. 13,056 feet.

I am so tired right now that I could sit on my couch to watch a NASCAR race or an Atlanta Braves game and take a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment